Are you having issues with low self-love? I have written 101 positive self love affirmations just for you to help you feel inspired and change your mindset in an instant. These free affirmations will help you live a more satisfying and fulfilled life. Let’s start!
Jump to affirmations | How do these affirmations work?
Why do we need self love affirmations?
Sometimes the burden of our life gets too hard to handle. We might have been raised to disapprove our value, or maybe we haven’t been taught to foster and express self-love and confidence properly.
Also, we may face times of hardships and neglect our needs and emotions. We may even forget that self-love is important. We may also need some additional tools to learn self-approval, self-worth, and self-acceptance. Therefore, the right and positive self love affirmations have a significant role in our healing process.
Start with changing your mindset
Sometimes, changing the mindset is all we need. It takes time, self-esteem practice and tools to reap the benefits of it, and that’s why we need affirmations for loving yourself. They can help you feel better in an instant, start healing, and what’s even better, they have the power of rewiring our brain.
People and situations can come and go, but our self-love is what stays with us and gives us the fuel for new challenges.
Hover the image to share on Pinterest
How do you know if you need affirmations for loving yourself?
We may have doubts about our self-value, and fears that we might be rejected or neglected by others. The relationships with others may corrupt, or even break. It’s easy to overthink it and start questioning your self-worth.
If your perception of self-value is based on how others treat you and what they think about you, you should work on your self-love.
If you feel the symptoms of low self-esteem and self-love, which can be identified easily. Read below the signs of low self-love to see if you recognize yourself.
Signs of low self-love
The signs of low self-love are numerous, but I gathered the most frequent and noticeable ones. In case you recognize yourself in the bullet points below, you need to start loving yourself more. I know it’s easier said than done, but believe me, no hardship is insurmountable!
Signs of low self-love and self-esteem:
- sensitivity to criticism
- you believe everything you do is not good enough
- you find it hard to express your opinion to others
- you don’t tolerate making any errors, and you feel ashamed for each of them
- you believe people don’t like you
- sometimes you wish to disappear
- you’re surrounded by toxic people
- social withdrawal
- you change your behavior around others to be accepted
- feeling depressed and unloved by anybody
As we see, these traits should be taken very seriously, because they can decrease the quality of your life to an unimaginable extent.
A quick self-esteem solution
I have developed self-esteem worksheets to help people increase their self-love and self-esteem lastingly and effectively. How do I know they work? Well, I was once in your place: shy, awkward and alone. I kept working on my self-esteem continuously, went through many bad relationships, felt heartbroken and sad. But I accumulated my bad experience and learned from it. Now it’s your chance to shine!
Learn more here:
Now, let’s jump to my list of 101 affirmations for loving yourself. You can use these powerful daily affirmations at any time of day. It’s time to celebrate yourself and feel joy with the right affirmation collection!
A list of free positive self love affirmations
- You’re the most influential person for your life
- Body, thank you for carrying me through my worst
- I trust my body and I nourish it with love and acceptance
- I am unique and therefore, no use of comparing with others
- I am the stars and the universe of my life
- I am powerful and I know my worth
- I am capable to bring in the positive changes
- I will not let things that are out of my control to influence my opinion about myself
- I feel good and genuinely happy for every little achievement I make
- I’m living my purpose of self-love and acceptance
- I have the ability to finish what I seek to achieve
- I let my loving heart guide me through life and teach me self-love
- I will not let fear block me in pursuit of my goals
- I have everything in me that I need to achieve my dreams
- I am not what happened to me, I am not fear, remorse, sadness
- I choose what I’ll become and I have the potential to fulfil it
- I watch my negative thoughts and emotions about myself come and go, for they have no real power
- I’m replacing each and every negative thought with a positive one
- I nurture and grow positive emotions about myself
- I know my worth and it’s amazing
- I’ll not shrink my value just to fit in and please others
- I feel comfortable in my own skin
- I can accomplish anything with self-love and self-acceptance
- It’s ok to have a bad day
- Even a bad day lasts 24 hours
- Each new day is a new chance for self-discovery and self-love
- I need the extra effort to make it happen, but I totally worth it
- Don’t let your own expectations of others disappoint you
- I can overcome any obstacle because I am worth it
- My current state is not my final destination
- I talk with myself like a nurturing parent and the best friend
- Pushing my comfort zone is hard, but plentifully rewarding and empowering
- Crying is not giving up. Crying is a healthy way of expressing and processing emotions and no weakness.
- Allow yourself to cry, to get rid of negative emotion and you’ll make room for positive ones
- I chose positive thoughts because they shape our realities
- I will not let myself dwell in negativity no more
- I’ll always be kind to myself
- I’m in charge of my actions and reactions
- I have an innate power to accomplish my goals
- Imperfection is beautiful
- Perfection is an unachievable goal and source of unhappiness
- I am born with unique skills I’m proud of
- My life experiences and life story are just my own, no use of comparing with others
- I’ll use my mistakes as a source for learning and improvement, not for self-punishment
- I am not someone else, and therefore, I’m not sharing someone else’s life goals
- Each life story is different, and I’m paving my own path
- I’ll do at least one thing that I enjoy each and every day
- I’ll not beat myself up over a mistake since they’re fuel for learning
- I’ll celebrate small goals since they will lead to great things
- I’ll spend my time with supportive and inspirational people
- I’m in a growing and changing for the better
- I believe in my skills and abilities t create a better life for myself
- I am worthy of the good things that are happening to me
- I let go of the negative feelings and perceptions about myself
- Today is my big day, I’m blooming with happiness and self-esteem
- I am quite a unique creature with a beautiful spirit
- I deserve love, happiness and to be cherished by others
- I am not discouraged by my imperfections
- I choose a positive attitude over the negative one
- I radiate happiness and joy
- I can manage through ups and downs of my life
- Little by little, I’m becoming the person I want to be
- I am tougher and braver than I’ve ever known
- Everything is happening for a reason, as a life lesson
- My life is heading in the right direction
- I take joy in every small step I make
- I use my inner voice and intuition to find out what’s best for me
- I know where I’m going and my energy is directed to my destination
- I’ll not let the overthinking and self-criticism ruin my self-love
- I’m proud of myself because I know I’m doing my best
- I am ready to accept all the things I cannot change
- I enjoy the present moment and cherish being me
- I am enough, no matter what others say
- I’m not letting others trample my self-love and self-esteem
- I believe in myself and in my talents and skills
- Rude people see me the way they are, not the way I am
- I’ll encourage myself without any punishment
- I feel genuinely beautiful
- I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished so far
- I’m happy that I’m healthy, powerful and unique
- I treat myself with respect since I deserve it
- I’ll not judge myself or others
- I don’t need validation from others, I’m unique in my talents and pursuits
- I’m persistent in my efforts to make a better life for myself
- I’m self-reliant and powerful
- I foster positive thoughts, ideas, emotions and vibrations whenever I go
- I don’t need to prove myself for others and ask for their acceptance
- The universe and karma are by my side.
- I am not a prisoner of the past since our past is a valuable life lesson
- I live in the moment and take all little life gifts with pleasure and gratitude
- I’m not selfish if I put my needs first
- I’ve got this and it’s awesome
- Life is full of little wonders and opportunities
- I love and accept myself fully
- I attract positive and vibrant people in my life
- I’m proud of what I’ve become
- I’m the one to make my own choices and decisions
- I’m flexible and open to change
- I feel good about myself and am kind to myself
- Each day I’m becoming more self-confident
- I believe in my ability to achieve anything
Self love affirmations PDF
I have also developed printable affirmations PDF for you so that you can carry them with you all the time. This printable list of positive affirmations has 101 self love affirmations in total. The self love affirmations PDF is a nicely designed document that you can carry everywhere with you!
You can access the PDF affirmations file here.
How do these affirmations for self-love and confidence work?
Low self-love is entangled with the toxic mindset we carry. Therefore, these self-love affirmations help us realize that you can live your life differently.
Positive self love affirmations help us deal with our negative emotions about ourselves on a healthier basis. They help us get a new life approach, and understand your inner self better. Moreover, with them, you begin to treat yourself more friendly.
Affirmations for loving yourself are proactive, which means they motivate you to take action, be responsible for your life, and learn how to be more self-confident, little by little.
Repetition is key to success
As it’s said, repetition is a key to success and mastery. By repeating them, you train your brain to adopt new mindsets, and it all happens on an unconscious basis.
Each repetition is one step further to success
As you keep repeating them, they become more real to you, and then, you’re ready to act accordingly. There lies the power of affirmations for self-love and confidence. You use them to train your mind to believe, think and behave differently. Later, in the manifestation phase, you make decisions based on them, and you notice how your life changes slowly.
How to make self-love affirmations work for you?
Making these healing affirmations work for you is not a magical process, far from that. Here is an effective process you can easily try out:
The process starts with introspection, which means understanding yourself. You need to take a look at yourself, your skills, look, and behavior and memorize or write what you don’t like about yourself.
Focus on it since these will be your main working points.
- Find or create your mantras and write them
Once you defined your weakest points, now it’s time to find corresponding mantras. You can choose them in my list below, or write your own.
Make them actionable – or in other words, they motivate action, which is, in this case, a mindset change. Also, make them attainable, and easy to memorize.
The easiest way is to read our mantras below and choose the ones that resonate with you, and your perceived weaknesses.
- Repeat them on a steady basis
In the beginning, you need to repeat them on a steady and daily basis (at least a few times a day). But it’s not all. You need to really believe in them while you’re repeating them. You need to believe that you’re on your way of becoming more confident, attractive, or whatever you may desire.
For easy memorization and to make the mantras more appealing and realistic, add visualisations. It can be any nice image you like, just make it appealing and filled with positive emotions. It can be you in different situations, happy and blooming. It can be beautiful scenery, anything that works for you.
Once in awhile, reflect and see how much you have actually changed in a positive way. Also, take a few moments to pat yourself on the back and praise yourself for what you have achieved.
Why is self-love important?
Self-esteem and self-worth are an integral part of us. We carry it with us, and people can read us based on that, unconsciously. We can send negative vibes and miss different relationships and business opportunities when we’re not confident enough. Likewise, we can stick to toxic and negative people who drain us, thinking that we can’t do better.
As you can see, self-esteem is a vital part of our life, and it contributes to the quality of our life tremendously. Likewise, it has numerous physical and mental health benefits.
In case you haven’t started working on your self-confidence, I suggest you not to wait anymore. You deserve a blissful and fulfilled life. Self-confidence gives you higher self-value, and you’re ready to conquer the world!
Self love affirmation quotes
Motivational quotes are a great way to invite positive vibes to your life, feel gratitude and practice self-acceptance. Let’s end this article with a few motivating self-esteem and self love affirmation quotes:
Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.– Lucille Ball
It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit. – Eartha Kitt
One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself. – Shannon L. Alder
Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness. – Deborah Day
Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.– Lao-Tzu
Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept. – Anna Taylor
Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.– Katrina Mayer
When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.– Kim McMillen
To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.– Sandra Bierig
You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens. – Louise L. Hay
Self-love mantras conclusion
I hope you liked my collection of positive self love affirmation quotes. I wrote it with a sincere intention to help you feel better and start your self-love transformation and healing.
Also, don’t forget to download my free printable list of positive affirmations (or also called self love affirmations PDF) by clicking here.
I’d appreciate sharing the post, or images with quotes on your profiles. Also, feel free to write to me for feedback. I’m eager to know how I can make this post even better.
Follow me on:
I’m a blogger and idealist. I’ve been exploring mindfulness, mental health, and other psychology and personal growth topics for years. I strive for harmony, self-improvement, inner peace and perfection. I am an INFJ personality type, a natural counselor, narcissist abuse victims advocate and an empath.